Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I bought an OfficeJet 8710. It worked fine for a few days and then would say it was disconnected or unable to communicate. If I unplugged and restarted the printer, it would work...for a day. And then we would start over. I troubleshooted, uninstalled my whole modem and restarted, etc. I finally decided it must be a defective the printer and returned it. I got an OfficeJet Pro 9015 and after a week or so, SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I've now paid for 2 printers (bc I wasn't able to get my money back on the 8710) and still can't print or scan!!!

I've done all the troubleshooting suggested. Usually unpluging and restarting fixes the problem but only temporarily. And having to unplug the printer every time kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless printer

I just want to be able to work...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi ReginaJo7,

What is the brand and model of the modem?

Is it all in one modem?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

It's an amplifi modem

I don't know what you mean by "all in one" - its our only modem....

HP Recommended

Hi ReginaJo7,

Go to Amplifi control center and assign static IP address for HP printer.

Test the HP printer on a 5.0GHz wireless network.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.