Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Please add me to the list as well.

Duplex Scanning worked great on my last HP All in One.. until it broke.

I guess that is why you guys call it HP Smart (!)

HP Recommended

Add me to the list.

I specifically bought a MFP426fdn because it had duplex scanning function.

The duplex never worked. After hours on the phone I finally got duplex scan to work using HP Scan Extended but promply had issues with the next computer (networked printer 4 computers).

Since owning the printer I have spent probably a week of my time fixing duplex scanning issues, installing, uninstalling and reinstalling software along with trouble shooting.

And now - I'm going through it all over again because HP scan extended doesnt recognise the printer (but HP Smart does).

Scratch that - dont add me to the list. This printer will go in the bin soon and I'm never buying a HP again.

HP Recommended

This si clearly a shame !

We buy HP devices for their advanced functionnalities and you stop supporting them and propose weird workarounds ?

(that actually don't work)

And you want us to consider HP again for a future purchase ?

#shameonhpsupport

HP Recommended

I have a question similar to the original poster: is it possible to print double-sided from the HP app? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

HP Recommended
Add my name to the frustrated list. Seems absolutely ridiculous this function should not be on my android app, especially when I can jump on my laptop and get the function there. This thread seems to have gone dormant - hp - any answer for when this issue will be resolved? I assume that when bluiris had this issue escalated and was contacted nearly a year year ago there was no satisfactory resolution...
HP Recommended

Since the Android App Hp-"Smart" STILL doesn't support duplex:

Workaround via Browser (e.g. for Office Jet Pro 6970):

Connect Printer and Dewice to the same network.

Find out the local IP-Adress of your Printer (often found in the Router settings)

Access that IP-Adress in your Browser, (e.g. "http://192.168.0.69/")

Klick the Scan-Icon or the Scan-Tab.

There you can chose the "ADF" (Autom. Doc. Feed) as source and "2-sided" Document (duplex).

[But not the flatbed/glas and Manual-Duplex?!]

HP Recommended

+1 please sort duplex scanning by HP Smart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.