Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5644
Chrome OS

HELP!  I am at my wits end with this printer.  I have an HP Envy 5644 and use my chromebook laptop to print from.  When I first set up the printer, everything was fine.  Now after a couple of months, when I go to print something, I'll get the normal notif that says "printing" and the progress bar fills up halfway.  That's it.  Sometimes it will take 20 minutes to finally print, sometimes over an hour.  When it finally does print, the words are either all jumbled on the paper or it looks like I'm running out of ink.  Both cartridges are full.  I have looked everywhere online and cannot find a solution.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@victoriah68

Welcome to HP support community.

Remove the printer and readd it

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings Settings.
  3. At the bottom, select Advanced.
  4. Under 'Printing', select Printers.
  5. Next to the name of your printer, select More More Remove.

Add the printer to the Chromebook

1. On the Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon .

2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Advanced.

3. Scroll to the Printing section, click Printers, and then click Add Printer.

• If your printer displays, click it, and then click Add.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, no, this did not work.

HP Recommended

@victoriah68

Update the printer firmware

Refer the steps mentioned in this document for steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.