jghiller
Level 2
24 16 1 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Eprint sent to Printer email address not selecting photo paper from photo tray

HP Photosmart 7520

Sending photos to my printers hpeprint address is not working when sending from IOS or PC. No matter what I do the photo prints on paper in the main tray on letter paper as 4x6 image. Paper is in photo tray and even if I do a reprint from the log of files sent and specify 4x6 paper the photo prints 4x6 on letter paper from the main tray. This used to work fine but now is not usable. My printers email address is OK and the printer shows its online and OK to use when displayed at hpconnected site. Printer is a Photosmart 7520 and sending photos to its email address worked fine in the past and properly selected photo paper from the photo paper tray.

7 REPLIES 7
Level 16
Level 16
26,371 26,095 4,655 10,241
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What application you are mailing from?

From outlook as example, click on Add Attachment to attach the picture file to your mail and then send it to the printer, do not use the add picture button.

Generally, a picture inserted as a picture into your mail will be printed on A4, an attached picture file will be printed from the Photo Tray.

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
jghiller
Level 2
24 16 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope - doesnt matter as I said, using Outlook or Windows mail, or reprinting from hpconnected site where you can select files sent to the printer for preprint, and even after specifying paper size, or using iPhone sharing and then mail to the hpeprint email address - none work. Something as gone south. I have uninstalled everything including Photo Creations, which fouled things up the other day with some update, and then after the uninstall I redid the full function download and still I cant print to the photo tray and the printer says its up to date. I have to do further investigation for root cause. The hpeprint function used to work fine using iPhone to mail a photo. Only thing you had to do there was remove the signature sent with all emails saying sent from iPhone 6s, so it wouldnt waste a piece of paper printing that.

0 Kudos
Level 9
1,067 1,062 62 268
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jghiller.

If time permits, can you add more detail on the effects of the HP Photo Creations update? We'd like to help fix those if we can.

Thank you,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jghiller
Level 2
24 16 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There was a popup notice at lower right where you always get notices from Photo Creations, about an update and to simply invoke the product to get the update. I did that and then exited and following that my 7520 started having all kinds of issues - namely it was offline and couldnt resolve things so I uninstalled everything - Photo Creations and all HP 7520 components and did a full function upgrade for the printer and reinstalled everything. Printer appears OK now except for issues using the hpeprint email address to print photos. The only way I can get that feature to work was by setting tray selection under preferences to photo tray for external print requests. I can print normally to the main tray but now sending emails from pc print as photos but I just tried doing it with iphone and it still prints main tray. Something seriously wrong. This all worked fine when I got the printer long ago.

0 Kudos
Level 9
1,067 1,062 62 268
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, JG.

The printer issue sounds like a coincidence (HP Photo Creations shouldn't affect your system). However, I've forwarded the details above to our development team, and will report back if they confirm a problem. 

Thanks again,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
0 Kudos
jghiller
Level 2
24 16 1 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Theres definitly something wrong with hpeprint email process.

0 Kudos
jghiller
Level 2
24 16 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It appears I have resolved some of my issues using the hpeprint email process for sending pics to my 7520. When this printer was initally installed it was done on wife's pc so it got setup on hpconnected with her email and password. I assumed whenever I use the hpeprint email process that I have to use the 'owner' of the hpconnected printer - my wife's email. I did add myself as authorized users but things werent working and going to photo tray.

I investigated the eprint ios app and updated the settings to show my email as the email to activate it, not wifes email. Now I can print properly using ios apps and eprint to print properly on photo paper.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation