Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printed document this morning from excel, went to print a 2nd document online and nothing happened.  was like printer wasn't connected but it was.  had to leave, came home later and printer still hadn't printe, message window on printer still on (HP Officejet 5255, about 3 months old.  has been working great.  noticed tonight that there is an error code OX00829C98.  what does this mean?  do i need to uninstall the printer and add again?  any help appreciated.

of course might be a concidence, can't find the answer but when googled the error code, a situation came up that could be my problem about helicopters flying over our area at night.  could there be some kind of frequency disburbance.  however, why would 1 document print and the other not.  confused!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@CB910

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the "0x.." error.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Also, try cleaning the ink cartridges. Refer to step# 4 and 6 from this document.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the blue "Thumbs up".  

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I pulled the plug, waited 30 seconds, and plugged it in again, and now it works fine.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.