Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Suddenly getting the Ox61011beb error message on the printer tried the recommended solutions still got it....So what now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI samwell0491,

Unfortunatly if the reset didn't resolve the error message the printer is stuck in a hardware failure. Wish i had better news for you. Let me know if you want my assistance looking for a replacement printer.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi samwell0491,

Remove the ink cartridges & printhead from the printer, and place them on a soft cloth up where they are safe. Power off the printer for about 1 to 3 minutes, and then turn the unit back on. Install the printhead and ink back into the printer when instructed to. Let me know how it goes.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input...Attempted to execute your suggestion...The carriage will not stop so that I can install the printhead and cartridges....the screeen tells me that the printhead and cartridges are missing but does not prompt me to install them.....Am reluctant to grab and hold it...Sorry

HP Recommended

Hi samwell0491,

Please check your private messages i will be sending you some instructions to do a reset on the product.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

HI samwell0491,

Unfortunatly if the reset didn't resolve the error message the printer is stuck in a hardware failure. Wish i had better news for you. Let me know if you want my assistance looking for a replacement printer.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

how do i fix this

HP Recommended

Hi robre01,

Remove the ink cartridges & printhead from the printer, and place them on a soft cloth up where they are safe. Power off the printer for about 1 to 3 minutes, and then turn the unit back on. Install the printhead and ink back into the printer when instructed to. Let me know how it goes.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Can I get a better printer than what I have now?
HP Recommended

Hi Watchman7503,

If your printer is having the same issue on this thread, and you are interested in getting a new printer I can assist you with that. If you would like we can do some troubleshooting to see what is going on with your printer.

What is the error you are having with your printer?

What is the operating system on your computer?

How do you have the printer connected to your computer?

What features are you interested in for a new printer?

What do you print mostly on your printer (doc's or photos)?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have resolved the printer issue. The problem was due to the wrong driver callout. Why was the driver not right ? That is a long story. We're all OK now. Thanks for your interest...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.