Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just recently had an update to my computer and now I cannot print.  The printer shows that I am connected to the same network as my computer.  When I try to print the error message says that the printer is offline but I know that it is connected and turned on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mamalow,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding the printer going offline after a windows 10 update. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.:) Terrific description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers?
  • Did you assign a static IP address to the printer?
  • Is it a wireless printer?

Please run print scan doctor and check if it gets fixed.

Please perform all the other prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/model/1126203... for printer offline issues one at a time till the issue gets resolved.

If the issue persists, then please uninstall the printer drivers by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 

Then reinstall the full feature software from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/m...

Later assign a static IP address by following the from the printer offline article and add a TCP/IP port from this link: http://psg.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/145408i41E51E2563A52474/image-size/original?v=...

This should do the trick for you. Please perform these steps patiently and diligently and it should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mamalow,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding the printer going offline after a windows 10 update. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.:) Terrific description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers?
  • Did you assign a static IP address to the printer?
  • Is it a wireless printer?

Please run print scan doctor and check if it gets fixed.

Please perform all the other prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/model/1126203... for printer offline issues one at a time till the issue gets resolved.

If the issue persists, then please uninstall the printer drivers by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 

Then reinstall the full feature software from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/m...

Later assign a static IP address by following the from the printer offline article and add a TCP/IP port from this link: http://psg.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/145408i41E51E2563A52474/image-size/original?v=...

This should do the trick for you. Please perform these steps patiently and diligently and it should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks!
HP Recommended

Hi @mamalow,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.