Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photo Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't print by wifi. Keep getting photo tray empty although print set up correctly shows main tray. Tried several different documents. Copy works fine. Diag prints fine. The printer panel slides the copy/scan, etc. functions fine, but I can' get the small upper functions to work and all I get is the info screen. It's tax and new home time and I need this printer to work.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Donmad Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you keep getting photo tray empty trying to print 8.5x11

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please make sure that you have adjusted the tray guides according to the paper.

Step one: Load paper

Follow these steps to load paper in Tray 2.

1. Grasp the underside of Tray 2, and then pull the tray out.

Figure : Remove Tray 2

Image: Removing Tray 2
  2. Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.

3. Insert a stack of plain, white paper print-side down in the center of the tray. Make sure the paper aligns with the engraved lines in the tray.

4. Adjust the paper width guides so that they rest against the edges of the paper.

Figure : Adjust the paper width guides on Tray 2

Image: Adjusting the paper width guides

If the issue still persists, please reinstall the printer drivers.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.