Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I currently have a printer with Instant Ink subscription. I'm going to cancel at the end of this term and then give the printer to a relative. Would they be able to make their own HP account and sign up for the 15/pages/month free Instant Ink?

If so, do I need to call in? Do this online?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@InklessJoe

Disclaimer / Option - Important Information – Help with Instant Ink Account

Please read: Getting help with HP Instant Ink

OK...

Here are your cancellation instructions:

HP Instant Ink - Cancelling Your HP Instant Ink Service

Scroll to the bottom and click the Flag to change region.

I cannot adequately answer the second part regarding the new owner being able to contract for the Free 15 page plan.

In General, once you leave the free plan, you cannot later "go back".

However, when you gift the printer to a new owner, and that new owner signs up with a new contract plan AND that owner lives in a region where the "Free" plan is offered, it seems reasonable (to me) that the new account / new owner / new contract might be eligible for the "Free" plan.

You should talk to Instant Ink Support.

Options:

1. Hang out - wait and see if / when a agent finds your request here on the community.
  2. Contact Support on your own.

Option:  Agent Response in the Community

Choose to wait for an HP Agent to find and respond to your request here on the community.

If there is a response from HP: 

• An HP agent will always post back on the Community before contacting you privately.
  • Agents are identified by the "HP" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar.
  • HP Moderators are identified by the "Mod" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar
  • Agents do volunteer on our Community on their own time.  Hours, number of agents vary by region.

Option - Instant Ink Account Login, Videos, and Service Information

HP Instant Ink - Sign-up / Sign-in

Click Supported Countries (top right of Website) - Change Flag to your country

Support Contact information is provided on the Website.  If necessary, scroll down a bit until the phone number / contact options show on the right side of the page.

Option - Look for your Contact Information in your Instant Ink Account > Help Center

Help: HP Instant Ink - Signing in to Your HP Instant Ink Account

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support

Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services

HP World-Wide Support

Select your country / region from the list and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Instant Ink Support in your region

In USA or Canada

Cloud Services (during normal business hours):  1-855-785-2777

• Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document

In UK

Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services 0207 660 0596

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@InklessJoe

Disclaimer / Option - Important Information – Help with Instant Ink Account

Please read: Getting help with HP Instant Ink

OK...

Here are your cancellation instructions:

HP Instant Ink - Cancelling Your HP Instant Ink Service

I cannot adequately answer the second part regarding the new owner being able to contract for the Free 15 page plan.

In General, once you leave the free plan, you cannot later "go back".

However, when you gift the printer to a new owner, and that new owner signs up with a new contract plan AND that owner lives in a region where the "Free" plan is offered, it seems reasonable (to me) that the new account / new owner / new contract might be eligible for the "Free" plan.

You should talk to Instant Ink Support.

Options:

1. Hang out - wait and see if / when a agent finds your request here on the community.
  2. Contact Support on your own.

Option:  Agent Response in the Community

Choose to wait for an HP Agent to find and respond to your request here on the community.

If there is a response from HP: 

• An HP agent will always post back on the Community before contacting you privately.
  • Agents are identified by the "HP" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar.
  • HP Moderators are identified by the "Mod" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar
  • Agents do volunteer on our Community on their own time.  Hours, number of agents vary by region.

Option - Instant Ink Account Login, Videos, and Service Information

HP Instant Ink - Sign-up / Sign-in

Click Supported Countries (top right of Website) - Change Flag to your country

Support Contact information is provided on the Website.  If necessary, scroll down a bit until the phone number / contact options show on the right side of the page.

Option - Look for your Contact Information in your Instant Ink Account > Help Center

Help: HP Instant Ink - Signing in to Your HP Instant Ink Account

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support

Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services

HP World-Wide Support

Select your country / region from the list and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Instant Ink Support in your region

In USA or Canada

Cloud Services (during normal business hours):  1-855-785-2777

• Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document

In UK

Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services 0207 660 0596

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@InklessJoe

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you have questions regarding your Instant Ink. 

Don’t worry, I’m here to help! I have sent you a Private Message with further details. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.