Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (42 Views)

Google and HPEPrint need to get on the same page. I'm upset.

Product Name: Hp envy 4520
Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Spent the past two hours on this issue. I saw a webpage just as I was going to sleep, and I really wanted to print it out from my phone so I can use it for work tomorrow. The phone can't see the printer on the WiFi. No problem I think, I'll just send it to the email at HPEPrint.

Speaking of which, I think again, it's past time I set up a more desirable email address for my printer so I can remember the address from now on. I set up a Gmail account just for my printer, set up forwarding to the HPEprint address which is a terrible address to have to give out for business. All seemed great. Until I tried to print anything using the forwarding email. Nothing works. Turns out Google forwarding messes with the sending address and HPEPrint doesn't know how to handle a simple forwarded email. Tons of customers have complained about this issue and HP ignores it.

It's ok, I think again, I'll try other forwarding services. I tried Yahoo, and it took over ten minutes to receive the print. Frustrated, I gave up on the email forwarding and just memorized the address.

So then, down to printing. I downloaded the webpage to a PDF, attached it to an email and sent it. The printer literally only printed the body of the email and an image of the attachment as it looked at the bottom of the email. It didn't open the PDF. The PDF was created by Google Drive.

In the end, I went back to the website, highlighted everything and emailed that directly to the address that by now I have memorized thoroughly. I'm not happy, I lost a lot of sleep now. The printout looks like a toddler made it and the graphics are in very random spots. Email only covers the left half of each page. Frustrating.
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (19 Views)

Re: Google and HPEPrint need to get on the same page. I'm upset.

Hi,

The HP ePrint service do not support email forwarding, a such will be rejected as a spam,

Why don't you customize your hpeprint email address> you may select a such via HP Connected.

You may follow these steps to customize a such after registering to hpconnected.com:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02940150

Be aware that the claim code is the temporary address but only for its first 24 hours so you'll need to disable web services from the printer and re-enable HP ePrint, you will then get a new random address which you will be able to use for changing it to your own required address (e.g. yourname@hpeprint.com).

TO reset web services tap the HP ePrinticon and press the settings button or the gear icon, then select Remove Web Services and confirm.

Next open the same menu and follow the steps to re-register, the new eprint address can be used on hpconnected and customized..

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation