Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 Deskjet All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hey all,

I have a problem.  My wireless Envy 4520 works as I have used it for over 2 years with no problems.  I have the Ink service and it has worked great.  I moved to another state and thought that it would be an easy install, I was wrong.

I went in and removed the 2 printers that I used occasionally so I could start fresh.  I ran the setup app and it recognized the WiFi network right off.  Then as it moved to the next steps, it could not communicate with the network.  I tried installing it this way and then would remove it and try using the wireless setup wizard in the Printer control panel.  Despite it saying I was CONNECTED, I still could not get it to install and communicate with the WiFi network.  Each failure I would go in and remove what I had done and try to start with a clean slate.  I even tried typing the IP addy in the printer and it told me that it couldn't locate the network.  I don't care what I tried, NONE of it worked.  Now I'm here, asking you guys and gals to share some of your expertise and wisdom with a frustrated HP Printer user.

One last thing, I don't know if this would be a factor or not, when I first set up all the laptops in the house to the network, it Win10 would go thru its routine and would say it's CONNECTED, but then a web page would open up and ask me for my USERNAME and PASSWORD.  After I typed that info in, that the apartment manager gave me, it would then allow me to connect to the internet and use it as I wanted.  It has only asked me that info on the first time I added this network to a new laptop, phone or tablet.

I am thinking that it is doing the same thing here, only I cannot enter that info since there is no location to do so.

Please help if you can.

Thank you all for your help and time and any help you care to give me would be very much appreciated.

MUHerd

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MUHerd

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.