Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 4500 wireless printer won't stay connected

MacBook Air
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My printer works wirelessly immediately after I reset the wifi name and password.  When I go to print a second document,  the computer doesn't find the printer.  If I reset the wifi, it works again and on and on.  How to I keep the printer on the wifi?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9281 9261 632 612
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DCW182

Welcome to the HP Community

To assist you better please provide me with the complete printer model or the product number since the HP Officejet 4500 comes in different models

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
DCW182 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  This is a HP Ofkficejet 4500 wireless G510n printer

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9281 9261 632 612
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DCW182

Do you have any Internet Security Software installed on your Macbook?

Please ensure your Router can forward Bonjour Packets.  Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers. You can contact the ISP to check if the Router supports Bonjour

Also let me know how far your printer is from the Router. Do you have other devices connected to the Router?

Ensure the printer is connected to 2.4GHZ frequency and not 5GHZ

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation