01-21-2020 04:00 AM
I have the icon on my desktop but it appears to have stopped working. I am looking for printer queue which I used to have. Can anyone help please?
01-23-2020 09:01 AM
@girlie2, Welcome to HP Support Community!
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-
- What is the Operating System installed on your computer?
- How is the printer connected to the computer?
- Is there any antivirus/security software installed on your computer?
- Is there any error message on the printer or the computer?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
01-24-2020 02:49 AM
Hi, thank you for replying.
my laptop operates on windows 10
the printer is connected wirelessly
yes I have Kaspersky - but this has not changed
when I open the icon it asks add new device, connect wirelessly or something else I can't remember
01-24-2020 06:15 AM
Thanks for replying!
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing and scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee