Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 6960 Officejet Pro
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Airprint has stopped working in the last few days. I can print from the PC wirelessly but not from the iOS devices I have (iPhone, iPad). Rebooted everything I can find 🙂 but still not working. The only issue I see is on the printer window, Ethernet details, it says IP Address: Not Connected. However I can see it connected to the network and can print from the PC. Any suggestions are welcome!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @drbacci,

A warm welcome to HP Community!

How is the printer connected to your home network, is it wireless or Ethernet?

Is the printer, iPhone and iPad connected to the same network?

Could you print a Network Configuration page and post a picture. In order to print the page:

1.) From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, touch ( Setup ).

2.) Touch Reports .

3.) Select Network configuration page.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I sent the info, are there any solutions? I still have the problem.

HP Recommended

@drbacci

Would you be able to post the information's I requested in my first post.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I posted them before but here they are again. Still having the problem so any help is appreciated! IMG_1224.jpgIMG_1226.jpg

HP Recommended

@drbacci

Thanks! I'm afraid, I'm not able to view the first image that you posted. However, I noticed that the IPV4 address on the second page is 192.168.223.1, this IP address typically indicates that its using the WiFi direct connection. Resetting the printer network settings and then connecting the printer to your home WiFi may resolve the issue. Here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch Setup. Touch Network Setup. Touch Restore Network Settings.

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) From the printer control panel, touch Wireless. Touch Settings. Touch Wireless Settings.

7.) Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, touch the name of your network, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Once the printer is connected, connect your iOS devices to your home WiFi and try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you - this happened to my printer too and I used your instructions and all is working again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.