Highlighted
srolst Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 6970 DNS gateway problem

HP 6970

The printer cannot connect to the server but is connected to wireless and cannot print as a result. When I try to connect to the IP address of the device it does not respond.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11811 1123 2244
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

@srolst,

Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. A good day to you. Ia will be happy to assist you with this. Terrific description and great assessment of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did this happen after changing your router or ISP?
  • Was there a power outage or surge before this occurred?
  • What is the operating system associated with the printer?
  • Is it Windows or Mac?
  • What is the version of the operating system?
  • Do other devices on the network go online?
  • Please share a screenshot or an image of the exact error message?
  • Did you check if the printer connects to any other device on the network?
  • Did you restore network defaults on the printer?
  • Are all the devices along with the printer connected to the same network via the router?

Please furnish all the requested information for us to assist you correctly.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
srolst Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

This happened after I restarted the router but there was no change.

There was no it a power outage or surge

I am using the printer from both a mac and windows- neither is working

Other devices are connected to the router and it appears that the printer is too. In fact I can select the printer for AirPrint but it then does not print and cancels the job.

the printer is connected to devices

How do i restore network defaults..i have restarted and turned off power a number of times.

7D5091A1-C461-4D24-8CFB-EED94F283CFC.jpeg9D3A9C4B-3C06-4E1B-8D51-6119033F695E.jpegBCA201E9-A7B2-4653-AB3B-409C2F20FBFF.jpeg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
729 53 52
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

@srolst

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I believe its a connection issue with web services. Most of the web services connectivity issues can be resolved by updating the printer firmware, assigning a manual IP and Google DNS for the printer. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you can download and install the latest firmware update from here.

Once you are up-to-date with the firmware, please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found hereFor the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server.

If the printer is still not able to connect to web services, you may try steps 5 and 7 from this document.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

senan6806
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation