Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'm trying to set up my laserjet to scan to a Raspberry Pi, which has an SMB server running on it.

I've run into errors like:

• Incorrect credentials. Check your username/password

• Invalid shared folder check your network path and try again

• Network error. Please check your connection and try again (don't recall exact wording, but similar).

I have looked at the guide on how to create network folders (I have MacOS, so I go into system preferences, sharing, enable the Windows option in advanced, and then add the folder, etc.). But I can't get it to work.

I've read things like using the IP address in the network path, and then domain/UN in the username section, but that doesn't work (or I'm doing something wrong).

Is there a way to go directly to the RPi rather than through a computer? I tried using the path of the RPi (kind of like if I was connecting to the server on a Mac or Windows computer), but the network path would be wrong.

I tried setting it up to the Public folder on my Mac mini, but I'm still getting one of those three errors (usually, it's the credentials one).

Thank you for any help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.