4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Connected Printer ePrint Access owner

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After adding an e-mail address to "Only ePrint jobs from email addresses listed here will be able to send ePrint jobs to this printer", suddenly, the e-mail address became "Owner" (instead of the original/previous owner e-mail address) and can't be deleted.

Complete removal and re-adding the prineter to HP Connected didn't solve the problem.

Is there the way to change the e-mail owner back?

Thanks,

Leon.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,655 27,609 2,285 3,471
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LeonSh

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums, the place you can come back to, for any concern or query as we as a community are eager to help,

That said, It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query.

Here's all you need to know about the HP Connected ePrint settings:

When you add your printer to your HP Connected account anyone who knows your printer's email address can print to your web-enabled printer. The ePrint Access feature controls the email addresses that print to your printer and limits the chance of unwanted printouts.

To manage allowed senders, the printer must be set up on your HP Connected account. For more information go to, Using Your Printer with HP Connected.

1. Sign in to your HP Connected account at HP Connected.

My Printers opens and lists your connected printers.

2. Find the printer you want to modify access to, and then click Change Settings.

3. Under ePrint Settings, click ePrint Access, and then select Allowed.

Select Allowed to manage allowed senders

4. In the text box, type the email address you want to allow access, and then click Add. If you want to add multiple email addresses, add each email address individually.

The email address you added displays below the text box.

Allowed senders display beneath the text box

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

As I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Thank you for your reply!

I do know how to add allowed e-mail addresses.

The question is, how can I change the "Owner", that was incorrectly selected from the allowed mail addresses?

Let's say, after adding [personal information removed per Rules Of Participation]

Thank you,

Leon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,655 27,609 2,285 3,471
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LeonSh
Thank you for responding,
This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

Considering the details, you've mentioned I should be able to have the R&D Team involved so that they can make the necessary changes from the back end, 

Here's what I need to do, to get this show on the road, although I need you to reply to my private message with your email address: 
1) The one you want to delete =? 
2) The one you want to add =?

That said, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 
Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation