Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to hard reset my printer, so I've followed the steps outlined for my specific model of printer. The instructions are to hold the power button down and press the print black and white button twice and then press the cancel button three times. After doing that, the printer's network button blinks blue when it says it will eventually blink solid white, but I haven't seen a white light. How do I get this to work?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

What exact reset are you trying to perform? there are several possible resets for different needs..

What exact error number is shown for the printer?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c045...

Or there may no error but you try using any specific feature?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I don’t know what error code is shown, but I know that it is trying to set up a new network which I left running all night and didn’t work. The reset I’m trying to do is a factory reset to return the printer to its factory settings as if it was new.
HP Recommended

Ok,

Please press and hold both the WiFi and the Cancel button for 3 seconds till the power button blinks to reset the wireles settings.

Next press and hold both the WiFi-Direct and the Cancel buttons for 3 seconds till the power button blinks to reset Wi-Fi Direct.. if a report is printed no need of this report, it is part of the reset.

Now power off the printer and back on, if the WiFi light is off, turn it on and the blue wifi light should blink. the printer is now with the factory network settings.

If you experience any further issues clarify more specific what you would like to accieve - to install the printer through a router? without a router using wi-fi direct? to configure its network connection through a computer or a mobile device? from which operating system?

HP Recommended

Ok. I've done all of this and am setting up the network. It will prompt me to plug in a USB to set up the wireless settings but when I do, the wireless settings are never set up. The wireless light on the printer stops blinking and the Wi-Fi Direct button glows white, but it never finishes setting up the wireless connection. What I am trying to do is simply set up the printer's wireless settings. I have Xfinity as an ISP and my operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. Don't know if that will help.

HP Recommended

By stops blinking - does the blue wireless light lit solid blue or turns off?

Do you see any connection failure screen with a Red X on the installation screen or any other message

What exact error is shown?

You may need to press the Details button..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.