07-20-2019 04:00 PM
I just bought an HP DeskJet 2630 and after installing software and linking wifi it does not print from MacBook but it prints from my phone. Please help?
07-23-2019 06:30 AM
@BillyG1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Do you have any Anti-virus software installed on your MAC?
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
- The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.
Perform a PING test to check the connectivity
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by holding the Wireless icon and the i button on the printer for 3seconds which will give you the network report.
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- Note: There should be 0% packet loss. Share the results.
Also, Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee