Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cannot set up my deskjt 3055A on wireless. The blue light on the printer is flashing and the printer screen states wireless on.But printer cannot see the router

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

There is a document with steps to install this series printer on a wireless network.  This document can be found here.

Also, if the printer cannot see the router (SSID), then it is possible the network is using hidden broadcast.  Make sure the SSID is being broadcast so that the printer can find the network.

Also, have you tried power cycling the network system?  

* Unplug router, wait 20 seconds, and plug back in

* After router has restarted, then restart the PC

* While PC is restarting, power cycle the printer

Let me know how it goes.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

After a few hours messing about with my computer setting I finally got things to work. The sett= up instruction were not very clear for a 78 year old but I cracked it. Thanks for your response

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that it wasn't easy to accomplish, but I am glad to hear you are up and going.  I hope the best in all your future printing needs.

Happy Printing.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

say's I am connected blue light flashing unable to connect to printer 

HP Recommended

I have moved back to the UK from France and have lost my manual for my HP Deskjet 3055A printer. Is there a site which shows how to do this in simple language.

thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

@Manchepoppy2004 wrote:

I have moved back to the UK from France and have lost my manual for my HP Deskjet 3055A printer. Is there a site which shows how to do this in simple language.

thanks in advance 

Sure just search Google and go to the HP web site...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---J6/4311836/model/...

HP Recommended

Printer blue light flashing but will not connect to wifi

HP Recommended

I cannot connect to wireless although the the blue light is flashing on the printer I recently had my power of for about 5 minutes

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.