Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm having a major nightmare trying to set up this printer. It doesn't connect to my wifi router or even recognise the presence of any networks. The HP Smart app does not recognise my printer because it is not connected. The printer did not come with a cable, so I can't connect directly to my PC or laptop. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GaryMorley 

Hello,

In order to solve this issue, please restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Continue with the following steps to connect your printer.

Please use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel display to set up wireless communication.

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch Wireless icon ().
  2. Touch Settings icon ().
  3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
  4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.
  5. Launch the printer installation with the HP ENVY 5000 series Full Drivers and Software.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Bets regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm in the UK, so that is not toll free for me...

HP Recommended

@GaryMorley 

Hello,

In order to solve this issue, please restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Continue with the following steps to connect your printer.

Please use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel display to set up wireless communication.

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch Wireless icon ().
  2. Touch Settings icon ().
  3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
  4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.
  5. Launch the printer installation with the HP ENVY 5000 series Full Drivers and Software.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Bets regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mans! I had tried turning things on and off but not in that order, and it has done the trick! Big relief 🙂

HP Recommended

@GaryMorley 

Thanks for your return,

Congratulations!:Award_Gold:

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

Best regards,:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.