Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Reading the threads does not help me.  Going to the suggested link does not help me.  I have limited data because wi-if  is so expensive and I have no other options.  I tried Windows 10 and worked my way through all error messages except one.  Didn't want to deal with it again and got rid of it, got back my last backup.  Okay. Everything is fine EXCEPT I cannot scan from my printer to my laptop (HP).  When it comes through, it is only one tiny part of the page.  It was a document, but I even tried picture.  I cannot scan to email.  SERVER CONNECTION ERROR. I have shut down and restarted everything.  The only way I can get a scan to my laptop is to initiate it FROM  my laptop.  I desperately need a "real user" answer, not a computer-speak answer.  I can't wade through all the written info because of data usage.  The drivers are all up-to-date per the info on the computer.  After fighting Windows 10, I just don't have any more patience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @GRAMMIEBUD,

I see that you are experiencing a Server Connection Error when using the Scan to Email feature on your Envy 5530 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To clear the error:

1. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Click on Remove Web Services.
  4. Click on the web services icon.
  5. Click on Setup and Yes.

At this point you should be able to enable and use the Scan to Email feature on your printer. Please let me know the results of following the above. If you can use Scan to Email, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please show it by clicking on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @GRAMMIEBUD,

I see that you are experiencing a Server Connection Error when using the Scan to Email feature on your Envy 5530 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To clear the error:

1. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Click on Remove Web Services.
  4. Click on the web services icon.
  5. Click on Setup and Yes.

At this point you should be able to enable and use the Scan to Email feature on your printer. Please let me know the results of following the above. If you can use Scan to Email, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please show it by clicking on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The only difference in your instructions is that the web services icon is on the upper right of the display on my printer.  But it worked and that's all that matters.  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem, followed the instructions provided to resolve but it did not work. What else can you suggest I try. I have used the scan facility many times in the past without difficulty so I don't understand why it should suddenly fail to work.

HP Recommended

I started having the same problem. Did you solve it? Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.