Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased a brand new HP Envy 7640 printer.  I followed the procedure to connect through a wireless setup.  I click on the Wireless Setup Wizard; the printer finds our Wireless network.  I select our network, type in the network password, the screen displays Confirm settings, I select OK, the system shows "Trying to connect to the network; a blue screen flashes with the code B8BA6CCO, and then the display shows Printer Error There is a problem with the printer.  Turn the priner Off, then On.  When I press the printer off button, it turns off, turns back on, and when you click on wireless network it shows not connected.  I went into the network software and can see the printer connect, but then it falls off the network.  I have tried to connect using the app on my iphone 6 with the same result.  I am ready to give up on HP printers.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What modem/router are you using. There are certain Ubee modems that have incompatability issues with HP printers.  If you have an Ubee modem, please contact your internet service provider and explain the issue - they should either issue a firmware update or provide an alternative modem.  

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

The Router is a ASUS Wireless  RT-AC3100 Dual Band Router.  The modem is a ARRIS model TM822G.  The modem was provided by our internet provider.  We had a HP 6600 printer that everything worked fine with.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try and connect to your printer via the wireless direct function? This bypasses the  modem and connects your devices directly to the printers wifi. If you can connect this way it will rule out any issues with the printer ability to connect via wifi.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.