Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP HSC 950 All-In-One printer that always returns to the display message "press enter to align print cartridges", even after a complete print alignment is performed and looks fine.   I can't get past this to print anything.   I've wasted a lot of ink and time trying to get past this message.  Can anyone help?

I encouter this error when the printer is plugged into a notebook running Windows XP or when it is connected to a router that accepts print jobs from i-mac computer running OS 10.4.   The link below should get you to the HP page featuring the product I am writing about.

Thanks in advance

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=60259&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The solution was to replace the color cartridge, as suggested in a previous post by Bob Headrick.  Thanks, Bob!
Re: hp psc 2175 align cartridges
The message you are seeing is a result of the alignment not completing.  Load fresh plain white paper then press enter to print an alignment page.  THe alignment will not succeed if the color cartrdige is empty.  Steps to troubleshoot alignment failures are available here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer.
<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star.
        If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP PSC 950 All-In-One printer that always returns to the display message "press enter to align print cartridges", even after a complete print alignment is performed and looks fine.   I can't get past this to print anything.   I've wasted a lot of ink and time trying to get past this message.  Can anyone help?

I encouter this error when the printer is plugged into a notebook running Windows XP or when it is connected to a router that accepts print jobs from i-mac computer running OS 10.4.   The link below should get you to the HP page featuring the product I am writing about ((this is a repost with the model number corrected).

Thanks in advance

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=60259&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen

HP Recommended
The solution was to replace the color cartridge, as suggested in a previous post by Bob Headrick.  Thanks, Bob!
Re: hp psc 2175 align cartridges
The message you are seeing is a result of the alignment not completing.  Load fresh plain white paper then press enter to print an alignment page.  THe alignment will not succeed if the color cartrdige is empty.  Steps to troubleshoot alignment failures are available here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer.
<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star.
        If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

HP Recommended

I have 3 HP printers and I would NEVER buy another one if I lived to be a thousand years old

HP Recommended
Keeps showing "press enter to align cartridges" will not print
HP Recommended

Successive attempts to print failed with recurring printer align cartridges message. 

Cleaned cartridges

How do I get it to print

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.