Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer has a wireless connection and has been working with no problems for years. I even used it last night. This morning the printer is not working, is not connected to the network/internet, and seems to not have the network password saved. All other items are connected to the network/internet via wireless, so I know everything is working correctly except my printer. What would cause this to happen overnight and what can be done to resolve it? I have run the wireless setup wizard with no success and the password still is not saved. I have also shut down my computer to reconnect it to the printer, and restarted the printer to see if it would resolve itself, and even tried connecting to my printer through my computer (not in this order) all without success. Any suggestions are appreciated as I work at home and need my printer asap. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After posting I scrolled through posts of printers with similar problems even though they were a different printer. Had not thought of that prior and had only looked for solutions for my specific printer. One advice was to turn off the printer, disconnect any cords from it, wait 2-3 minutes, hold the power button down for a while to discharge any extra energy, plug cords back in, and turn the printer back on. I did that. I was then able to redo the wireless wizard with success. Problem solved. Thank you to the community.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After posting I scrolled through posts of printers with similar problems even though they were a different printer. Had not thought of that prior and had only looked for solutions for my specific printer. One advice was to turn off the printer, disconnect any cords from it, wait 2-3 minutes, hold the power button down for a while to discharge any extra energy, plug cords back in, and turn the printer back on. I did that. I was then able to redo the wireless wizard with success. Problem solved. Thank you to the community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.