Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Just bought a Photosmart 7520 to my father. He finds screen touch eprint icons too distracting. He is not too keen on eprint services and these icons add complexity to the printer user interface. Is it possible to remove them from the main menu?

I tried eprintcenter, could manage to remove some eprint services that were added during firmware update but Google, Dreamwork and some hp eprint services are still present.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
No you will not be able to completely remove all the ePrint apps that show up on the front panel of your printer. There are a few that will stay along with the get more apps option.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
No you will not be able to completely remove all the ePrint apps that show up on the front panel of your printer. There are a few that will stay along with the get more apps option.
HP Recommended

Thanks garytech1, i guess that it would have been nice being able to swap the first and second button row.

The first button row (preferences, ink levels, ...) is quite narrow and prone to mistakenly push a thumb sized pocoyo eprint service.

HP Recommended

Yes the icons for unwanted apps do mess up the screen with unneeded complexity. Take a lesson from Google! They work hard to streamline their interface. Users do not need more distractions, features, bell and whistles. It's just clutter. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take an hour of my time to remove these icons one at a time. It looks like hp just wants us to use up those print cartridges with extraneous nonsense.

HP Recommended

Re HP Photosmart 7520;Is it possible to remove app displays on printer display

HP Recommended

Hi Rog1003,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

Your question was answered further up on this thread.  I have included a link to the post by garytech1 that answers your question.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/HP-Photosmart-7520-H...

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Do you realise that childish icons for Airfix etc make what is a good product look a bit of a joke when it comes to being a serious printer. A bit like putting fluffy dice in a Porche.

No problem with having them there but someone was having a bad day when they signed it off with no removal protocols.

HP Recommended

What an obnoxious reply. You should be fired.

HP Recommended
So the answer from Garytech1 is that they cannot be removed but options are to get more?????????
HP Recommended

I want to remove the silly apps from the home screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.