Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (391 Views)

HP Photosmart 7525 Is connected to Internet but not Web Services

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Photosmart 7525
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello!

I have been able to connect my Photosmart 7525 to my internet. I can print from my iPhone and other devices wirelessly. I can't seem to get my printer to connect to the Web Services. I have been scouring the forums for about an hour now trying everything that I have been reading as a posted fix from setting a manual DNS to resetting my entire network and nothing seems to be working. First off I was wondering if the Web Services were still available on this model printer. If they are I would love to get them working on mine. If they aren't it would also be nice to know so that I could stop attempting to fix the connection..Ha!

Like I've said. I have tried many different things:

Printed off network test sheets to make sure that everything is connected and running.

Resetting network.

Setting manual DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Going to my IP Browser and changing different settings there.

I haven't tried setting up a proxy but that is because I don't know my ISP's specific proxy address.

I have also not set a Static IP because I am not familiar what that might do to my network that is connected to my other deceives around my home.

Also, not sure if this matters but I have been using my iPad Pro running iOS to make changes in Safari on my printers IP address. It seems to connect exactly the same as a laptop computer would. I have been able to print from the Printer's IP adress from the webpage here on my iPad. 

Any help to resolve this would be great! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (368 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7525 Is connected to Internet but not Web Services

Hi.

For Web Services to work you must install the laetst firmware for the printer.

Unfortunately the latest firmware update utility is not available for Mac OS X at this time, it is only available for MS Windows.

To install the latest firmware you will need to have the printer installed on a Windows PC first:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL43773/mp-108670-3/PS7520_1315-1.exe

Then install the latest firmware below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ps7520/PS_7520_R1607A.exe

To ensure your firmware is not up to date print a Self Test Report and locate the current firmware version, the latest versoin is ELM1CN1607AR (compare the marked version numbering), to print a such tap Setup > Reports > Printer Status Report.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (343 Views)

It worked! Of all the things I have tried this worked! Thank you so very much
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (335 Views)

That's so great. I haven't been able to try it yet since I don't have a PC. Hoping to find one this week to borrow for a bit.
Highlighted
Student
Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)

Awesome! I've been trying to get the Web services to work for weeks, our Internet went out a couple weeks ago and it never came back on. But this worked like a charm! Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation