Post new question
Question
HP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink
Replies (17)

Student
Message 11 of 18 (4,978 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink

My uncle and I just got a gently used HP Photosmart D110 from one of his coworkers and already there have been a multitude of problems with it. It wouldn't feed paper, which after cleaning the rollers roughly ten to fifteen times I got it to work, and now the ink isn't working even though the cartridge reader says they're full. We changed the cartridges to new ones and it's still doing the same thing. What should I do to resolve this problem?

Honor Student
Message 12 of 18 (4,537 Views)

II've been having the same problem since I got my Photosm...

II've been having the same problem since I got my Photosmart printer. I have to clean the printer heads at least twice EVERY time before I print and then have to replace cartridges all the time because of wasted ink either on test pages or pages that printed terribly and aren't readable. (Not to mention the paper wasted) Will a new printer head solve the problem or will I just have the same problems with another printer head? I'm getting fed up with it, and thinking about buying a new printer. (It WONT be an HP.) What a waste.

Honor Student
Message 13 of 18 (2,183 Views)

Re: II've been having the same problem since I got my Photosm...

I loved my D110 printer until recently.  Slowly, first I lost some colors, then the black slowly greyed out, now it is only printing yellow, although all print cartridges showed full or half full.  I had cleaned the cartridges twice without any improvments in performance.  What do I do to fix this?

Retired
Message 14 of 18 (2,001 Views)

Re: II've been having the same problem since I got my Photosm...

Hi @RetiredMom ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Student
Message 15 of 18 (1,974 Views)

I have to agree with not buying HP's any more. Every one I buy ends up crapping out. They're easy to buy cause they're cheap. My D110 just stopped printing. It acts like its printing but nothing comes out. Its shooting blanks. Changed the cartridge. Same thing. Color, black, doesn't matter. It goes through all the motions and spits out a blank page. What a waste of hard earned money. Thanks HP for nothing worthwhile
Honor Student
Message 16 of 18 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same issue.  Printer does not have much actual usage.  Cartridges have enough ink.  Printer just shoots out blank pages, even when printing status or test pages directly from the printer's front panel.  Have done multiple "clean" operations, no luck.  Not to mention that the software/driver on Windows 8 partially uninstalls by itself and needs to be re-installed repeatedly.  I think this printer is destined for the scrap heap.  Probably will replace with brand other than HP.  Note that I am an experienced hardware technician and  network consultant. Very unhappy in general with HP inkjet printers, due to multiple software and/or hardware issues with many different models.  That said, I am generally displeased with most of the inkjet printers I've encountered, as they are mostly inexpensively-designed devices made to sell cheaply, where the profits come from relatively expensive, low-capacity ink cartridges.

Student
Message 17 of 18 (930 Views)

The link to the article about cleaning seems to not be working.  Can you point me toward a current article?

Student
Message 18 of 18 (724 Views)

I have put new ink cartriges in but the printer will not print at all. Someone suggested cleaning my printer heads but I don"t how how todo it I tried to look it up on computer but my printer is different then the instructions. Please help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation