Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Android 5.0 Lollipop

HP Photosmart 7520, WiFi connected on local home network. Latest drivers. ePrint and Webservice NOT enabled.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, Lollipop 5.0.1 (OC1), HP Print Service Plugin latest (2.4-1.3.0-10c-64.1-64).

Verified HP Print Service Plugin is ON. 7520 is found on local network.

• Select Print in a Gmail message, default device is "Print to PDF."
  • Open menu, select "HP Print Service Plugin". Wait 20-30 seconds and get "This printer is unavailable" message.

I have shutdown the phone and printer. This phone was factory reset a few days ago and the installation of Lollipop 5.0.1 was obtained OTA from Verizon.  I do have the habit of turning off extraneous apps and services that I don't use. What Android, Samsung or Third-party system apps or services does HP Print Service Plugin rely on?

Any further ideas?

Thanks in advance

Don

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello @Beliger,

Welcome to the HP support forums.

I understand that you are having a problem with the HP Print Service Plug-in.

Not sure what the recommended TSing is for HP Print Service Plugin. Theoretically it should see the printer on the network. Try printing from a different location. Try printing with the HP ePrint app. If the app will also not see the printer, it could be a network issue.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

>  "Theoretically [the app] should see the printer on the network"

It "sees" the printer on the network; (as I described) I can select it from the list of devices in the print dialog from my Android phone.  Also, the printer works fine on this network; I can print to the PS7520 over WiFi from my HP laptop (which is typing this message). 

> "Try printing from a different location."

What does that mean?  I'm trying to print at home, on my local WiFi network.  Should I walk into my front yard?  LOL 

> "Try printing with the HP ePrint app." 

No.  I should be able to print from the phone to the printer over my local WiFi network, right?  I would much prefer to NOT install or enable other software features in order to have this basic functionality.  However, if I MUST enable such features, please tell me what those features are, how to enable them and WHY I must enable them.  In other words, I want to understand the dependencies. 

Thanks in advance.  Please feel free to consult with someone more senior or escalate this issue.  

Cheers

HP Recommended
I have been having the same problem. From Android settings, it sees the printer. And from the other HP app I can open files with it and print to the printer.
My only workaround is crazy, print to PDFs then open the PDF and print to the same printer the print service plugin says is not available?
David
HP Recommended

Installed the latest HP Plugin from the Android store that was released this morning. Hoped it would somehow magically fix my problem.  Nope.  Same symptoms.

Still needing support for this issue. 

HP Recommended

Also installed this mornings update - I was awaiting an update before I went searching for a solution...which was why I posted today.  Figured if the update didn't work there must be some other issue so I would seek help.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 / LG - G4 (LG-H811) / Android 5.1

David

HP Recommended

Just adding I have the exact same problem. Lollipop 5.0.1, Samsung S4 talking to a HP LaserJet CP1025nw

Like the OP this printer is happy to print from a laptop on the same network over wifi. The HP Print Service Plugin finds the printer and displays its name, but when I attempt to print from Chrome it says "This printer is not available"

I installed the HP Print Service today, it is the latest available.

So printing works from other devices, just not from the phone. We're looking for a problem on the phone, not the network or the printer.

HP Recommended

The solution for me was to wait. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 phones, and Galaxy Tab 4 tablet.  At first, I get the error message of the printer not being available. I wait. I have a glass of wine. I wait some more. Then, all the pages appear on my screen, along with a yellow button that starts the printing. I un-check the pages I don't want, and I touch the yellow button. The print job comes out. The HP Print Service plugin works, but you have to be very, very, very patient.

HP Recommended

There was another piece...very important...that I found within the Android Play Store for the HP Print Service Plug. When you install it, it arrives turned off.  It won't work if it's turned off.  Here's how I turned it on.

1. On your Android machine, go to Settings --> Connections --> More Networks --> Printing --> HP Print Service Plugin.
  2. Turn on the plugin.

HP Recommended
SOLVED!

I was having problems printing all of the sudden about 2 weeks ago on my HPN6520 Photosmart All-in-one. NO HELP ANYWHERE!

I happened to tap on my printer name at the top of the screen and then tapped "All printers" and 2 printers named the same popped up. I tapped on the 2nd one, and EUREKA it worked!

I then went back and held my finger on the printer that had been "not available" and then tapped "forget printer" so now all is well.

Please leave a thumbs up if this works and spread this around to help others.

Bob Cottrell
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.