Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I was having problems printing all of the sudden about 2 weeks ago on my HPN6520 Photosmart All-in-one. NO HELP ANYWHERE!

I happened to tap on my printer name at the top of the screen and then tapped "All printers" and 2 printers named the same popped up. I tapped on the 2nd one, and EUREKA it worked!

I then went back and held my finger on the printer that had been "not available" and then tapped "forget printer" so now all is well.

Please leave a thumbs up if this works and spread this around to help others.

Bob Cottrell
HP Recommended

I've come to report that it's working. However, I came back hoping/expecting to find a way to mark Solved/Solution Found or to Edit the OP, but no. **bleep**, HP? This is a support forum. Is someone needing help to deal with the same issue expected to read all the way to end of the thread to find that an update fixed it, or whatever? LAME. 

So, yeah, some time in the last few months there was a HP Print Service Plugin app update. And now it works. 

So, yeah Support Forums are a waste of time if what you need is an answer from a knowledgeable technical professional with access to things like their software bug tracking system. Suckage. 

HP Recommended
@Beliger
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a few days ago. That did NOT solve my problem with printing, the same as yours.
HP Recommended

I was having the same problem and so tried this.  It didn't show my printer listed twice but when I clicked on the one and only entry for my printer it printed.  So it seems when you get the message that the printer is not available right now you must click on the printer name which then brings up a list of all printing options available.  By clicking on the same printer on that list the print begins.  MAD but a solution!

HP Recommended

Here is my experience with this same problem.  I have tried all of the above suggestions.  The weird thing is I only get the "This printer is not available" message when trying to print from my Samsung Tab S.  I do not get it with my phone, my husband's phone, my husband's Samsung Tab 4 or our desktop computer, just my Tab S.  As someone else mentioned I did at one time have the name of the printer listed twice and I had to select one and delete the other.  This worked great for about 6 months.  Then the problem came back again and this time I don't have a duplicate printer to select.  The only good news is if I just sit and wait about 1 minute after I get the **bleep** dreaded message, the printer page comes up and the yellow print button is there and I can print.  However, I find this to be a pain and can't understand what is wrong that I have to go through this everytime I want to print from my tablet.  I uninstalled the HP Print Service Plugin several times, including tonight, but that doesn't help.  There has got to be a glitch on HP's end.  I hope someone from HP is still watching this thread and will give me some good advice on how to clear up this annoying problem.

Sandee

HP Recommended

I'm now having the same problems with our Samsung Galaxy7S.  We just upgraded our older Galaxy's (3 of us).  When I search for printer in plugin it doesn't work.  When I manually put in IP address it doesn't work.  I have an HP Photosmart5520.  My wireless laptop does work so connection is there.

HP Recommended

I just experienced the same issue with my Galaxy Tab 4. All other devices were able to print to the main printer but the Tab 4 would not. The Tab 4 would print  to a different printer. 

After reading all of the suggestions and not seeing a solution, I was pretty unhappy.

Then, I tried one thing not presented........

I reset my router and modem. Problem resolved!

Simple, yes. But when all else fails, go back to basics.

HP Recommended

Hi FrankH2,

I see you and a few others are experiencing some issues with the HP Print Service Plugin. Go to Printing From HP Print Service Plugin, and the scroll to the What if I cannot select my printer? FAQ. There are steps to clear the cache from your Android device that might resolve the issue.

Let me know if that helps!

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
HP Recommended

Thank you CloudQueen for your suggestion.  However, it didn't work for me. I could not find print spooler anywhere. I did clear the cache in the HP print plugin but that didn't help. I still get the annoying "printer not available" message almost every time I try to print from my Samsung tablet.

Sandee

HP Recommended

Cloudqueen

Just like Sandeelee below, I could not find any setting for print spooling and clearing the cache.

As noted in my post, I resolved the issue by resetting the modem and router.

Thanks for your suggestion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.