Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One
Chrome OS

Hi,

I have been able to print from my chromebook to the above printer which is connected to my router with an ethernet cable by adding the printer's IPS to HP Print for Chrome (192.168.0.20) For some unknown reason, I am unable to do so anymore.

I have accessed the printer from my ipad mini using Printer Pro and  from my Samsung J3 phone. I am also able to go to the website and use the webscan. 

Until recently I thought it was impossible to connect my chromebook to the printer with a usb cable so this is the only way I can use the printer at the moment. 

Would it be possible for someone to find out why this has suddenly happened. By the way a new Virgin router and box have been installed andI have just discovered that the previous router used 2G and 5G. I am aware that some HP printer would work with 5G so I am wondering if this is the 'root' fo the problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alan Spring

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @adspring49

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I'd like to help.

I have gone through your Post and the problem seems to be because of the new Virgin Router.

HP Consumer Printers do not work on 5 GHz and only work on 2.4 Ghz Frequency

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @adspring49

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I'd like to help.

I have gone through your Post and the problem seems to be because of the new Virgin Router.

HP Consumer Printers do not work on 5 GHz and only work on 2.4 Ghz Frequency

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Krazy Toad,

Thank you very much for your help. I had a strong suspicion that the culprit was the new router.

I will reconnect the old one, if I can, just to prove a point. I will let you know for certain.

Thank you once again.

Kind regards,

Alan

HP Recommended

Hi @adspring49

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I work for a school district and we have hundreds of chromebooks that were able to print (until about one week ago) using the HP Print for Chrome app to network printers. The printers are connected to the network via ethernet. The chromebooks connect to wireless access points the are set to 5ghz. Are we going to have to change to 2.4ghz to be able to print again????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.