Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2630 printing from iPhone 6s
IOS 12 - 12.0.1

Hi there

I've just started having a problem with not being able to get the option to chose colour on the HP SmartApp from my iPhone 6s.  I don't remember this being an issue before (I've had my printer since August last year).  The colour and black ink cartridges are full and working.  The issue is that the app gives a tab at the bottom for 'Color&Quality'.  When I click on this, I get the option to change the quality but not the colour.

The firmware for my printer is up-to-date and I've just updated the HP Smart App.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Alli_I, Welcome to HP Support Community!

First, remove the HP Smart App.

Restart the iPhone and install the HP Smart app again.

1. Turn on the printer and make sure ink cartridges are installed and paper is loaded in the tray.

2. On the Apple device, open Settings, tap Wi-Fi and then tap the printer with DIRECT in the name (Example: DIRECT-72-HP Officejet Pro 6970) from the list of available networks.

3. If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.

If you created a custom password and do not remember it, go to your printer to get the password. The method to find the password depends on your printer model.

Printers with a control panel display

• Touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon  or navigate to the Wi-Fi Direct menu.

• Go to the Reports menu, and then select Network Summary or Network config. to print a network summary page. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section.

Printers with buttons only

• Press the Information button  to print a report with Wi-Fi Direct information. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.

• Press and hold the Wi-Fi Direct button  for 3 seconds. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.

• Press the Wireless  and Information buttons  at the same time. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.

• Press and hold the Resume/Cancel  or Resume button  for 2-3 seconds to print an information page. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.

• Press and hold the Resume/Cancel  or Resume button  for 10 seconds to print an information page. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.

4. Open the item you want to print, and then tap Print from the app or action menu.

5. Select your printer from the list of available printers, and then tap Print.

6. Reconnect to your local Wi-Fi network after the print job completes.

See if you get to print in color after connecting the printer through WiFi Direct.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello. It still doesnt work for me, i used to have the colour option on my app but now it is just the printing quality. Ive checked for firmware updates, removed the cartridge and uninstalled the app many times but i still cannot print in colour from the app.

HP Recommended

@emmacat, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please try these steps in this order. If the first step does not resolve the issue please try the next step.

1. Please update the firmware for the printer. 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj2600new/DJ2600_R1845A.dmg

2. Please try cleaning the ink cartridges following step 10 in this document. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05370810

3. Please try step 13 in the same document as above.

4. Please try step 14 in the same document as above. 

Hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. I am having the same problem. My photo is in color but it automatically shows B/W image in the print preview after I select “print”. There’s no options for “Color & Quality” at all too. There’s only options for editing the photo by doing “auto, adjust, filters, crop, text” in Photo edit. At the Print preview, there’s only options for “Print, share/save, smart tasks, fax”. I’m using iPhone 6s. Software 12.2.

HP Recommended

@Syahida, Welcome to HP Support Community!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On the Print Preview screen, just above the printer name is a small gray bar, tap on that.

Then tap on color.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.