Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a newer desktop with Windows 7 running. My printer says it's missing drivers yet I've done everything to update it & it is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7 but in the HP Solution center it still says the printer is disconnected yet I can still print, scan, etc? What is the problem & how do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kkrawz wrote:

[snip My OS is Windows XP so I downloaded the 2 HP diagnostic utilities for XP systems. Using the HP diagnostic tools I was able to resolve the problem where the Solution Center software could not. It says to click on a button "Accept as Solution" if the problem is solved but no such button exists. I've looked everywhere.  I did click the "Kudos" star.  [snip]

Thanks for the kudo's.  Only the originator of a thread (or a moderator) has the "Accept as Solution" button.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details. What printer model?  How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? What driver are you using - one from the original install CD or from a download on HP.COM?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

It is a HP Officejet J4540. USB. Tried using installation CD wouldn't work so went to HP.com.

HP Recommended

Which driver did you install? I would suggest the full featured driver available here.

The HP diagnostic tools at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

When I try to scan a document I get message the scanner is not connected!  But printer is wirelessly connected to Computer.

HP Recommended

Hello I would appreciate your help on solving this problem.

When I run HP Solution Center it says my printer is disconnected, although it is connected via usb and detected by windows.

It's an HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One, my OS is Win 7, 64 bit, and I installed the drivers and software after downloading from Hp website.

The error message is "HP Photosmart C5200 series Disconnected!"

Best Regards

Joao

HP Recommended

I am having a same problem too, I am using HP C4180 PhotoSmart All-in-one print, it works fine with my old window XP computer, and now I am using a window 7 64bit, I tired so many times to reinstall the setup I download from hp.com , still showing the message "HP Photosmart C4100 series Disconneted" while USB is plugged, so disapointed! its C4180, but USB define as C4100, but it worked on window XP, so I am thinking just because HP havent resolve the problem of window 7, please~ help

HP Recommended

I brought up my HP Solution Center software because I could not get my printer to work. There was an error message that read "HP Photosmart Prem-Web 309n-s Disconnected!". The printer is wireless and linked to my network - it is definitely not disconnected and I was able to print a network report that shows the connection is enabled. I looked for a solution and found this forum.

My OS is Windows XP so I downloaded the 2 HP diagnostic utilities for XP systems. Using the HP diagnostic tools I was able to resolve the problem where the Solution Center software could not. It says to click on a button "Accept as Solution" if the problem is solved but no such button exists. I've looked everywhere.  I did click the "Kudos" star. 

I'm really glad to find these diagnotic utilities. It worked great. I just thought that people should find out about these.

HP Recommended

@kkrawz wrote:

[snip My OS is Windows XP so I downloaded the 2 HP diagnostic utilities for XP systems. Using the HP diagnostic tools I was able to resolve the problem where the Solution Center software could not. It says to click on a button "Accept as Solution" if the problem is solved but no such button exists. I've looked everywhere.  I did click the "Kudos" star.  [snip]

Thanks for the kudo's.  Only the originator of a thread (or a moderator) has the "Accept as Solution" button.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

My Printer HP PHOTO SMART D110 is "Wireless" connected. The drivers used are from the original CD installation.  It will be working fine than all of a sudden when I need something printed immediately it just automatically "Disconnects". The only cure is for me to totally unplug the printer, the router, and the computer and reboot all. This is maddening because usually the item I want printed is an online Internet item. Crazy!!!! I can't believe HP had not yet come up with a premanent fix. I downloaded a fix which claimed it would take care of this problem. An exercize in futility!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.