06-14-2019 07:41 PM
HP Z2 G4 cant see HP OfficeJet 3830 on network. I have other notebooks on our wifi that can connect to the printer. The print itself says it is connected to my wifi. But My desktop Z2, which is connected to the network via ethernet cable can not find the printer on the network. I've tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor, but they can not find the printer either. I have manually entered the printer IP address, but it still does not connect.
06-17-2019 03:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee