Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M225DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  Running Windows 10 64-bit on a laptop.  Been using HP ePrint + JetAdvantage for years now.  I haven't printed for a few days, but today, when I selected my wireless M225DW entry from the Recent list, I got a "printer validation failed" error message.  So I deleted my credential within HP ePrint + JetAdvantage and tried re-registering.  Now I'm getting "Unable to communicate with the HP ePrint service. Ensure you have a valid internet connection then try again."  My internet connection is fine.  Did something break with the HP ePrint service?  Is there an ETA for resolution?  Would greatly appreciate assistance with this.  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Got two laptops:

Win7x64 - (today) the app sent the document right away and within minutes it was printed - no problems at all;

Win10x64 - last succesful use on Friday. Today the situation is similar to the one of OP's;

- Same "printer validation failed" message

- Deleted the printer from JetAd app, but couldnt find it again

- Noticed I wasnt logged in with Services (4th tab)

- Tried to log in and got "Unable to communicate with the HP ePrint service. Ensure you have a valid internet connection then try again."

- Internet connection is fine. I just downloaded HPeprint drivers again just in case

- I dont have an antivirus installed. Made rules in Windows Firewall allowing HPeprint in&out connections (for 3 exe files in HP ePrint folder)

- Tried to re-log and got the same bloody message

- Uninstalled and installed HPep again

- Nothing changed

- Oh, I also checked the printer port for JetAdvantage, but this time it was ok so it's not the cause

Please help.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, printing via HPeprint remotely to the office for years then suddenly i have printer validation fail problems. I've uninstalled the HPeprint software and reinstalled, removed web services on the printer and re-registered etc etc, followed all recommended steps.

On HP connected i have an orange dot next to the printer as you can see on the attached picture

When i attempt to print via HPeprint and try to log on with my email address i also get error messages. Very frustrating HP, please help to solve this asap

error message when trying to add printer to HPeprint screen via control+P - @hpeprint.com was not found or does not support PostScript or ePCL. Registration with HP ePrint service is required to search by ePrint email address.

When attempting to register for HPeprint via the windows app: Error message Unable to communicate with the HP ePrint service. Ensure you have a valid internet connection then try again.

HPePrint Screenshot.JPG

HP Recommended

Same here.

Have been printing for years, but starting Monday 22nd July 2019 I started getting error when trying to print. So unistalled ePrint but now can't get it to register with service, getting error:

"Unable to communicate with the HP ePrint service. Ensure you have a valid internet connection then try again."

What is going on? Is the service shut down?

AT

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

It looks, like they silently shut down the service.

The service have stopped for an registered machine.

I have tried to install it on a new machine and got the following error:

Hp ePrint ErrorHp ePrint Error

Waiting for someone from HP to step in...

Did someone tried to call support ?

HP Recommended

I cant even locate a number for HP UK support on here....Maybe we should bombard them on twitter!

HP Recommended

UPD: Welp, the 2nd laptop (win7) stopped printing via ePrint, supposedly after Windows update (?) (I wasn't there to see that).

It lets me log in with the ePrint services, sends a pin, accepts the pin, but still won't let me send the job to the printer with a message "printer check failed" (rough translation from Russian).

Turns out, yesterday wasn't as bad as today.

HP Recommended

I just spend an hour with HP support being bounced around from one department to another and it seems that no one knows anything there about the service. I experienced "oh that is another department" let me transfer you to the department.

Got hung up on 3 times!

What a waste of time!

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.