Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ePrint service not working

Color LaserJet M553dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ePrint has been working for a couple of months since the purchase of a new Color LaserJet M553dn printer. Recently HP ePrint has stopped working on windows computers.

They are connected to the internet and have no problems with internet connectivity.

I have confirmed that sending a PDF attachement to the printer's email will print. I have also used the android ePrint app, and the printer prints. However, when using HP ePrint on a windows 10 computer, the error "xxxxxxx@hpeprint.com was not found or does not support PostScript or ePCL. Registration with HP ePrint service is required to search by ePrint email address."

Screenshot 2016-06-21 16.20.02.png

Then when trying to reregister with HP ePrint, I get the following error:

Screenshot 2016-06-21 16.16.31.png

Internet is connected with no issues however. With the same wireless internet connection I can print with an android phone with the HP ePrint app.

This is after updating the firmware on the printer, and updating the HP ePrint software on my windows computer. Updates were performed after the problem started.

Any help would be appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25
TonyChopper Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also confirming that HP ePrint is properly set up on the printer.

Screenshot 2016-06-21 16.29.41.png

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 25 1 12
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same symptoms that you are.

TonyChopper, that's a very well done report of the issue. Hopefully someone in support sees this.

-Seth

Highlighted
TonyChopper Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah I am pretty sure it's something to do with the windows ePrint software itself. My printer has internet connectivity and prints from my android device and from emails, so it's perfectly connected to HP's ePrint servers. Somehow computers are just not connecting to ePrint. Not to mention other's on the forum also are mentioning this issue. HP please acknowledge something is going wrong and get on this!

0 Kudos
Shrid Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This issue started for me as well.  My wife uses this as part of her small business.  prints reports to her remote printer for her employees.  this issue started last week.  hopefully it will be a quick fix.   I also think that it is an issue with the APP i have tried installing the app of a few different windows 10 systems and get the same error on all of them.  maybe HP is having a service outage.    I guess i need to look for a work-a-round

0 Kudos
Shrid Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK i found a work-a-round using google cloud print.  works really well. 

0 Kudos
TonyChopper Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, google cloud print doesn't allow double sided printing for my printer. For me, the whole reason why this printer was purchased in the first place was for the ability to print double sided.

For now I've just been sending emails to the printer, but what if I wanted to print something bigger that 10 mb? Still waiting for HP to get on this one.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 25 1 12
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another workaround is to use the JetAdvantage On Demand print. You print to a JetAdvantage account and on the printer you install an app that lets you log into your account and select the doc for printing.

By the way, I tried printing from my work Windows 7 laptop. On the first try, it received the same error, but then on a second try it worked fine.

So my old windows 10 can't print to printers that were previously used and in the recent list, it also can't find the same printer by email address on the Connected tab either. My new Windows 10 installs can't register the email address and my Windows 7 is behaving normally.

Both my working Windows 7 install and my non-working windows 10 install are the same version of HP Eprint: 5.0.92.18701.

At this point I'm really suspecting it's related to a windows update for Windows 10. I don't think the service itself is having trouble because I can access it from my windows 7 laptop with the very same driver.

-Seth

0 Kudos
TonyChopper Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried using JetAdvantage but for some reason this isn't available on my printer even though I've updated it to the newest firmware and the printer is supposed to be a JetAdvantage compatable printer (M553). Weird, another HP kerfuffle I guess. But you're probably right, afterall ePrint just stopped working randomly without an ePrint software update. Windows likely plays some sort of role in this. I've tried windows disabling firewall and my antivirus but that didn't work either.

0 Kudos
Shrid Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also think that is has to be with a windows update but the question is witch one?
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation