0 Kudos
TonyChopper Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 12 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ePrint service not working

Apparently it was the June 20th windows update. If you rollback it will fix the problem. HP should really address this instead of giving everyone on the forums the runaround and wasting their time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shrid Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 13 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the kb on the update? Rolling back is not an option for me.
0 Kudos
TonyChopper Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 2
Message 14 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 25 1 12
Message 15 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.

I uninstalled that update (KB3163018) from one of my Windows 10 laptops and the eprint worked perfectly.

Uninstalling isn't easy anymore with Windows 10. Actually, getting the update unstalled is just as easy as other OS's but keeping it from re-installing is tricky.

After you unstinall the update (but before you restart!), you have to run the trouble shooter to hide the update so that it doesn't reinstall itself immediately on the reboot.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

-Seth

0 Kudos
Shrid Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 16 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow that is a really big update. I wonder if having eprint work vs this security is really worth it. Thanks for the update. Ill have to look into this more.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 25 1 12
Message 17 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The  update (KB3163018) actually interferes with a few things.

After I did the update on my son's computer his mysterious minecraft problem with connecting to servers went away.

I also read a post from someone who couldn't get his work VPN to connect until he uninstalled.

It seems like the update does something with internet connections. My guess is that MS will need to patch the patch eventually.

-Seth

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
30 30 2 4
Message 18 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I can confirm that recent security changes in the recent Windows Updates have  broken communication between ePrint SW running on Windows and the HP ePrint cloud service.  Fixes to the ePrint cloud service are currently being tested and will be rolled out to ePrint cloud production soon.  These changes should address the failures.  No updates will be needed on the windows client.

I work for HP

I am an HP employee
martinbalmer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 19 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good to hear.. Let's hope the fix is not too long away. 

0 Kudos
techteased777 Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 20 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I go to print using HP ePrint + JetAdvantage, my printers are no longer available ,when I click settings it asks me for my login but I receive an error "Unable to communicate with the HP ePrint service.  Ensure you have a valid internet connection then try again."  Yet it lets me login to HP JetAdvantage, however no printers are listed.  

Is there an issue with the HP ePrint Service through this application?  Emailing a document to the Printer address works...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation