11-20-2019 07:07 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is offline.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
- What is the operating system you are using?
- Are you able to make a copy?
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.
- Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
- Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
- Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the router.
NOTE: Wait until the internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
- Turn on the computer.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
I am an HP Employee