Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

So all of a sudden my officejet 6600 printer has decided to no longer print wirelessly. It has been working for the past year wirelessly to my PC (Windows 7) my laptop (Mac running Safari) and my iPhone 6SE. I get no printer found, printer not online. I have reinstalled it to see if that worked, I have reset up my network connection on the printer and it shows it is connected but nothing prints anymore. I am over it!!! I don't want to have to connect it physically to my PC and that won't solve my other devices being able to print. It appears to just go to sleep as the on/off button only turns on if I touch the touch screen but even then it still won't print. Nothing has changed, no new software or programs on any of the devices.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @shoppingkj,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues printing wirelessly on your HP OfficeJet 6600 printer. I see that you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but the issue still remains the same.

I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE

If the  Open a browser window (Google chrome/internet explorer) and type the printer IP address in the address bar. If the printer is connected to the network, the printer EWS page should open up.

Once you get the correct IP address, try searching the printer using that IP on the installation screen.

Also, follow the step by step instructions listed here: http://hp.care/2g4YASK

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection - http://hp.care/2g507IE

If these steps do not help to resolve the issue, I would suggest we try assigning a manual IP and creating a TCP/IP port which should help to resolve the issue.

Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: http://hp.care/2cqpl6p  

Refer this to create a TCP/IP port: http://hp.care/2dxUJQo  

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, do let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks - tried your suggestions and no success. Finally deleted and re-installed and gavei it a new name and that seemed to work. No idea why but at least I can print again!

HP Recommended

Hi @shoppingkj,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

If you come across any issues, I would suggest you follow these steps which should help to resolve the issue.

Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

Let’s try assigning a static IP to try and fix this issue. Follow the steps below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Once done, reinstall the printer drivers. Follow the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on the link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41850/mp-108845-4/OJ6600_1315-1.exe and install the updated printer driver
  • In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.