Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have been using the HP e-print service for some time.   Working well.  I can email documents to my printer.  I can also scan and email documents form my printer.   

for some reason, today the scanning is not working.  the printer says that the document has successfully been scanned and emailed ( as per normal) but the email never arrives.   I have tried sending a single page, to multiple email accounts, but nothing comes through.     I tried rebooting the printer - no difference.   

I am still able to email documents to the printer without any issue.  

any suggestions would be welcome.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@01DCJ

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

Let's try these steps

Please update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5...

If the issue persists, Disable/Remove Web Services, Re-Enable it and setup Scan to Email again

1. On the printer click on the Web Services icon in the top left corner of the display.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Remove/Disable/Turn Off  Web Services.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions
5. Restart your Printer and from the main screen click on the Web Services icon again. 

Then follow the instructions in page 36 - 37 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04381179 to setup and use Scan to Email again

Also refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/model/5390308/document/c03466081?sessionId=e4a16561-248c-4fbd-b... to help you with scan to email issues

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@01DCJ

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

Let's try these steps

Please update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5...

If the issue persists, Disable/Remove Web Services, Re-Enable it and setup Scan to Email again

1. On the printer click on the Web Services icon in the top left corner of the display.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Remove/Disable/Turn Off  Web Services.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions
5. Restart your Printer and from the main screen click on the Web Services icon again. 

Then follow the instructions in page 36 - 37 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04381179 to setup and use Scan to Email again

Also refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/model/5390308/document/c03466081?sessionId=e4a16561-248c-4fbd-b... to help you with scan to email issues

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for your help KrazyToad.  

I was not sure how to update the firmware on my printer.    Since it is not connected to any PC.    

I did turn off web services, then restarted to printer and turned web services back on.   this step was successful, I can email documents to my printer again.  However when I tried to set Scan to Email back up,  I had issues.  

I entered the email address that I wanted to scan to.  The printer screen advised me that I should go to my email, retrieve a PIN (sent to me by HPConnected) and enter it into the printer screen to continue.    I never received the email.  I tried several times, using different email addresses, but no luck.  I have checked my spam / junk mail folders.   

so I am still unable to use the Scan to Email e-print function on my printer.   it was working fine last week.  

HP Recommended

@01DCJ

Thanks for keeping me posted

To assist you better I will require few details.

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for all your efforts, I think my ISP is blocking emails from the printer.   I will speak to them. 

i tried it with my work email address and it worked perfectly. so I am pretty certain that the ISP is to blame. 

HP Recommended

@01DCJ

Thanks for keeping me posted

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unforutnately there is a known issue with the Scan to Email service that is affecting a small percentage of our users.  Your difficulties w/the Scan to Email feature are most likely related to that service problem.  

We are working actively on resolving the issue with the service and will implement a fix as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvenience. 

In the meantime you may want to try using the HP Smart app, which should support your printer for printing and scanning. Install the Smart app. if your printer does not appear on the app home screen, tap the + icon on the home screen to display a list of printers on your network and tap the printer to add the printer to the app home screen. Then select the Scan to Email option on the app home screen and the app will allow you to scan pages from your printer and then email them from the app. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.