Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPOfficeJet-5230
Android 9.0 Pie

Hello community,

I have a problem that I'm unable to solve by myself. With the HPOfficeJet-5230 it is currently not possible to print with my Android devices in the same local network. The HP Printer Service App always display 'This printer is not available'.

Environment:

The printer is connected to a computer with Windows 10 via USB and to the local area network via WLAN. All mentioned devices are in the same local network and can communicate to each other.

What works:

• Printing and scanning via the Windows computer
  • Printing from any other computer in the local network (e.g. Linux Ubuntu 18.04) which are only connected to the printer over the network
  • EWS overall
  • Scanning through the EWS

What doesn't work:

• Printing from an Android device with HP Printing Service App from the Google Playstore
  • Printing from an Android device with the default printing service

What I have tried so far:

• Restarted router, printer and mobile devices
  • Cleared the printing queue on the mobile devices
  • Installed the HP Smart App on the mobile devices
    • HP Smart is able to find the HPOfficeJet, can show me the IP-Address, ink status and everything else...printing still does not work
  • Tried the same with my old HPEnvy-4500 Series - works at the first try, no problems, the printers are in the same network

I would be happy if you have ideas to solve this problem, otherwise I will unfortunately have to give the printer back to the seller, and continue to print with my HPEnvy. 😐

I also don't want to use Wi-Fi-Direct - in my opinion it must be possible to print over the connected network.

Greetings from Germany 🤓

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello again,

sadly that no one was able to help so far. I noticed that the printer now, apparently at night, loses the pre-shared key for authentication on the wireless network. How is that even possible?

Greetings

HP Recommended

@Syless
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you referring to a printer going offline often?

For your first query, printing from an Android device with HP Print Service Plugin and HP Smart App Is not supported on your printer. 

You could refer to the Mobile printing capability from the specification of your printer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-5200-all-in-one-printer-series/14095737/document/c...

For more information on Mobile printing, you could also check this article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2843711-2427128-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

First thank you for your answer.

• To answer your question in a very short way: Yes.

It seems that the printer continuously loses his connection to the wireless network. I have to re-enter the pre-shared key every day to connect the printer to the wireless network. The printer is right next to the router, so the signal is excellent

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you referring to a printer going offline often?

• This link doesn't work:

For more information on Mobile printing, you could also check this article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2843711-2427128-16 
  • Did I understand you correctly that I simply need another app to print via mobile devices?

For your first query, printing from an Android device with HP Print Service Plugin and HP Smart App Is not supported on your printer. 

You could refer to the Mobile printing capability from the specification of your printer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-5200-all-in-one-printer-series/14095737/document/c...

• The documentation says it should work with Android:

Supports printing from most smartphones and tablets using these operating systems: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian, Windows 8, Windows RT.

Greetings

HP Recommended

@Syless
Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Try this Mobile printing link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/printers/mobility/overview.html and https://www8.hp.com/us/en/printers/home/mobileprinting.html

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I am trying to address an issue that is similar to this.  My printer was off-line so I tried removing it and re-installing.  Now it says it doesn't have a driver and when I try to update the driver, it is saying that there is no drivers. 

I go to Device Manager and try to update the driver here and get this:

It says that it is trying to install the driver "HP Officejet 5200 series PCL-3" but encountered an error.   

The driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in the appropriate manner.  Contact your hardware vendor.

I do not see any other software on the hp support website to address this error.  Please help?

HP Recommended

Hey Mbg671,

The solutions proposed by HP unfortunately do not lead to a satisfactory result. But I was able to solve the problem with the losing wireless connection by myself.

It seems when you turn the printer off and on nightly that the printer is not losing the wireless connection anymore. Or it is still losing the connection but gets reconnected when you boot the printer. Anyway, this can be done over the integrated function in the EWS.

Greetings

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.