NickHiggins
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPSmart has lost all my printers

HP8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since HPConnected was usurped by HPSmart, all the printers I have set up via HPConnected no longer appear in my account.

1. What can I do to get them back?
  2. Will re-adding them one by one, force a new email address?
  3. Has anyone else had this problem?

Background:

We manage 16 houses for people living with disability. They have a printer in each home and we have assigned the printer an email address (Via HPConnected)  so that various support agencies can send a print directly to the house. The user does not have to sign in to email and print the document as the printout is there automatically. It will be a right royal PITA to have to tell everyone the new address.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
32,653 26,027 2,379 8,062
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPSmart has lost all my printers

I installed HP Smart today for the first time and found it already had the printer email address I had set up for my Officejet Pro 8600 printer years ago.  

I added the printer using the "Add" function, it had a list of printers available.

Note there was a new version of the HP Smart App released yesterday, make sure you have the latest version as it corrected some issues.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation