Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp laser jet 4630
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a new modem and need to register new wireless info. The information I need to enter is case sensitive  

i have tried several options but none have worked

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Senior1 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that the printer is not connecting to the new router. Please try the steps below to try and connect the printer to the network.

1. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button .

The Wireless menu displays.

2. Press the Selection button  next to Settings.

3. Press the Down Arrow  to select Restore Defaults, and then press OK.

4. Press OK again to confirm your selection.

5. Press the Wireless button , and then press the Selection button  next to Settings.

6. Press the Down Arrow  to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

The printer searches for available wireless networks.

7. Press the Down Arrow  to select the name of your wireless network, and then press OK.

8. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

If the issue persists, check the FAQ section here: http://hp.care/2ulSp3d

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I have done all of that
When I get to the last screen it asks for
WPA/WEP
I have this info but it is case sensitive and I can’t figure out how to do upper case on the keyboard inkjet 4630
HP Recommended

Hello, @Senior1

Ideally, you should have an option to change the lower case to upper case like in old cell phones. Look for an upper arrow key or letters. Touch that option to change the case. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest you install the printer using the USB cable and then convert the USB connected printer to Wireless to get it connected. In this way, you do not need to enter the password using the printer display.

Here are the steps:

1. First, go to http://hp.care/2o1fxRC  to download and install the printer drivers.
  2. In the connectivity tab, select "USB"
  3. Connect the USB cable and finish the printer installation.

If you want to change from a USB to wireless network connection, use the Printer Setup & Software utility that installed with your printer software.

1. Search for the printer name, and then click the name of your printer.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Tools, and then click Device Setup & Software.

3. Select the option which says "Convert a USB printer to Wireless"

4. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Senior1 wrote:
I have done all of that
When I get to the last screen it asks for
WPA/WEP
I have this info but it is case sensitive and I can’t figure out how to do upper case on the keyboard inkjet 4630

Try pessing the same button over and over and watch the magic.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for all of your instruction however I contacted Frontier and had them give me back my previous network name and wi-fi password and I am all set  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.