Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi I have a Photosmart 6520 and have run out of photo paper. I am trying to get the printer to print the photo onto normal paper but not working. Any idea? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I see that you're having an issue with the printer not printing on normal paper. 

When you select print having the normal paper loaded, what happens? 

Do you receive an error message trying to print on normal paper?

What exactly is going on? 

I look forward to your response. 

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!**

THX

HP Recommended

I keep recieving an error message. My printer is not feeding my paper through. I've pushed it to the end and it still will not catch it. I think it's trying to feed smaller photo paper but I am trying to use 8x11.5 It's trying to pull from the photo tray. I'm sending a form from my iphone to print and it's sending it to the photo tray instead of the normal paper tray. I am not trying to print a photo but a form from my camera roll.

HP Recommended

Anything in the camera roll would be a photo format, and using airprint will always want the photo tray if it is available. Airprint was designed for basic printing, and doesn't give the control most people are used to when printing.

The solution would be to download the HP ePrint app which is free in the app store, go to your photos in there, and then when you print you can adjust the paper size and type to use plain letter paper.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I tried what you said. Jon.W but it printed another picture and not the one I checked.
HP Recommended

This has been an annoying problem for me too.  Downloading this HP app worked great!  It even accessed my photo stream on iCloud!  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

I LOADED THE HP EPRINT APP HOWEVER IT ONLY ALLOWS PHOTOPAPER FOR PHOTOS

HP Recommended

the Eprint app still set the image to the foto paper try and I get the "out of paper" error.  App never offered opportunity to select paper tray?  can i disable foto tray to solve this problem?

HP Recommended

Downloading the E-Print app worked well for me. You do have to configure it though to the paper size, paper source and paper type  - it doesn't guess what you want. 

I would like to print more than one image per page to cut down on paper - my images took a whole A4 for each of them - but I couldn't see a way to do that. Is this possible from the app? 

HP Recommended

Ea2682 the printer needs paper but it has paper

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.