Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, I'm Frank. I have a HP ENVY photo 7800 series printer. I tried to make it receive fax, which I don't need. Now I can't send anything from my phone or laptop. troubleshooting said. Default printer is Fax-HP ENVY photo 7800 series. So how do I change the default back, I do not need the Fax 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Square123 

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Right-Click on your Printer > Properties > Select / Set printer device as Default

NOTE

If you find more than one printer in the Properties list,

If your printer is connected to your local network,

If one of the printers in Properties indicates it is the “network” printer device,

Select that “network” printer as your Default printing device.

Check results.

Example:

Printer_Set_as_Default_3.Printer_Set_as_Default_3.

And / Or

This sort of issue can perhaps be corrected using the Print and Scan Doctor.

The Doctor can help with several issues, including "jobs stuck in the queue" and other print related problems.

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.