Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to change default

Hello, I'm Frank. I have a HP ENVY photo 7800 series printer. I tried to make it receive fax, which I don't need. Now I can't send anything from my phone or laptop. troubleshooting said. Default printer is Fax-HP ENVY photo 7800 series. So how do I change the default back, I do not need the Fax 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
24,822 24,596 2,134 7,869
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to change default

@Square123 

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Right-Click on your Printer > Properties > Select / Set printer device as Default

NOTE

If you find more than one printer in the Properties list,

If your printer is connected to your local network,

If one of the printers in Properties indicates it is the “network” printer device,

Select that “network” printer as your Default printing device.

Check results.

Example:

Printer_Set_as_Default_3.Printer_Set_as_Default_3.

And / Or

This sort of issue can perhaps be corrected using the Print and Scan Doctor.

The Doctor can help with several issues, including "jobs stuck in the queue" and other print related problems.

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation