Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6970
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I have a problem printing my email from Gmail with both cloud and plugin. Phone is the Galaxy S7 and printer is the Officejet pro 6970. The messgae on the screen is iether "1) can't change settings...try again ... or 2) Printer not available. The secound is certainly not true while the phone has been configurated to use both cloud and plugin printing. The phone and printer on the same wi-fi network...  

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sandro54, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand that HP print plugin is not working on your android smartphone.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Thanks for trying out few steps before reaching out to us.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store, and then make sure the plugin is turned on.
Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary depending on Android version and device manufacturer.
On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English) from the Google Play Store.
Once the installation or update is complete, choose a method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin:
On Android devices with 7.0 (Nougat), the HP Print Service Plugin has turned on automatically after installation. Skip to the step to Print with the HP Print Service Plugin.
If this is the first time you installed the HP Print Service Plugin, swipe down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, and then find HP Inc. service installed.
If you updated the HP Print Service Plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing.
Tap HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and then tap On.
Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Refer this article to know about Printing from HP Print Service Plugin.

If the issue persists download HP printer AIO app on your smartphone and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP printer AIO remote app.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for thre quick reply... it's a copy paste of a previous reply to a similar proble. I had done all the steps before my post... but no success. 

HP Recommended

@Sandro54, Thanks for your response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Are you using a Samsung smartphone or a different android device?

If you are using a Samsung smartphone, please refer this article and setup the device.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sandro54, I apologize for the delay in the response.

I have checked with the relevant team and found it's an issue with marshmallow and nougat update.

But found a workaround with the team please try the steps recommended below.

If you are using nougat on your device. Go to settings on your device, Go to apps and select show system.

Select android system web view and select disable.

Note: If it is already disabled select force stop and select disable.

Restart your device and try printing again using HP print plugin service or HP AIO app.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply... i tried what you suggested but still doesn't work... won't connect even with wifi direct... i'll try to reset to factory settings. 

HP Recommended

@Sandro54, Thanks for your response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Can you please disable Samsung print plugin and use only HP print plugin.

To disable the plugin go to settings on your device and select printing select Samsung print plugin and select disable and enable HP print plugin.

Also, make sure android web view is disabled on your device.

I'll watch your reply!

Happy Weekend! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for getting back to me on this and for your suggestions. However, I beleive that the problem is a combination of more factors... at the same time i changed: printer-from photosmart c410b to officejet 6970, router and cel OS to Androide 7.0. Now... the wi-fi printing works with no problem when i send to the printer email or only the attachment (eg pdf) of the email. Printing the email is intermittent..... sometimes it does and somtimes it doesn't... with Direct wi-fi... it's ok... I suspect that the router is unstable ... I'll have to try anotherone to include/exclude it. 

HP Recommended

@Sandro54, Thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you have not tried with a different router, Try checking with a different router or network and let me know how it goes.

Also, try checking with a different smartphone which is running android lollipop and try printing using HP print plugin.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found the solution to this problem first disable Google Cloud Printing.  Next on the on your HP printer's administrative web page set tray 1Tray 1 Size: Any  Size and Tray 1 Type: Any Type and set Tray 2 Size: Letter and Tray 2 Type: Plain. Next install theHP Print Service Plugin for Android turn the service on and  in Settings Advanced Settings turn on Android print rendering then  in Settings Discovery make sure you turn off the Wi-FY Direct Print option.  The shutdown the Android Phone and reboot.

Hope this helps.

Marc Menniti

[Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.