Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mel1975
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp5520 printer

I am trying to connect to the printer from my apple mobile.  Both devices are connected to the same wifi. But to join the printer, I need a password! I don’t know it or know how to locate it? Can anyone help please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 425 526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp5520 printer

Hi @Mel1975

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

If you are trying to connect the printer and the iOS device to your wireless router, you will need the password for your wireless network that can be found on the router.

If you are using Wifi-Direct to connect the printer and the iOS device, the default password is 12345678. If the password is changed, 

a. From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, touch Settings, and then touch Wireless Direct.

b. Touch Display Name to display the Wireless Direct name.

c. Touch Display Password to display the Wireless Direct password.

Note: You cannot access the Internet through the Wireless Direct connection on your iOS device.

For more info on connecting the printer via Wifi-Direct, refer to page 32 from the user manual. This can also be done without security/ use of a password.

To connect the printer to your wireless network if you have a wireless router, follow these steps:

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Wireless > Restore network defaults

Go back to Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > Choose your network > Enter the wireless network password.

Once the devices are connected, 

1. Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon  or  .

2. Tap Print or the Print icon  to open Printer Options.

3. Tap Select Printer to select your printer.

4. Change any of the following print job settings. Available settings vary depending on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.

• Paper: Make any paper size changes on the printer. AirPrint automatically detects the paper size loaded in the printer or the size selected on the printer control panel. If the detected size is different than the paper in the tray, an error might display asking to confirm the size.

• Number of copies: Select how many copies you want to print.

• Black & White: Select to print in grayscale. This option only displays for color printers.

• Double-sided printing: Print on both sides of the paper for certain file types.

• Page range: Select specific pages within a document or webpage to print.

Printer Options screen

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation