Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (143 Views)

I am trying to print a document in Landscape orientation my printer HP envy5640 will print portrait

Product Name: HP Envy 5640
Operating System: Chrome OS

I am new to chrome book ,having been a PC user Windows 10.

My Chromebook is an Acer 14  CB3-431.

I was trying to print an attachment which was sent by Gmail . I only the left hand size of the page would print .

Can anybody help as I feel I will lose my remaining sanity if I dont get help to resolve the problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (119 Views)

Re: I am trying to print a document in Landscape orientation my printer HP envy5640 will print po...

Greetings @granitehead82

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to change the orientation of the print job from your Chromebook, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

However, request more information to be able to assist you better.

How is the printer connected to your computer?

Have you tried to print from other applications?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the exact procedure using to print from your Chromebook? Click here to know about the printing solutions available for Chrome OS.

Recommend you to make sure all the updates are installed on your Chromebook. 

If you are using a print plugin, uninstall the printer plugin, restart your computer and install it back and check.

Would it be possible to share the screenshots, so that I and try to reproduce the issue at my end and be able to assist you better?

If the issue persists, perform a powerwash on your computer. Click here. Please backup your data before you perform a powerwash. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (106 Views)

Re: I am trying to print a document in Landscape orientation my printer HP envy5640 will print po...

Thanks for your reply. Normally the printer prints satisfactorily . I was trying to print a Groupon reply label which was emailed to me . as document to be downloaded ,which I downloaded ,

it appeared fully on the screen ,but every time i printed the imagine  appearing on the screen approx 75 % printed leaving 25  % of the page unprinted and no wmatter what I tried I was unable to print the entire image . I did not have the option of changing from portrait to landsacpe ,which I am normally given , I tried shrinking the image size on the screen and despite the size of the screen image would shrink ,it woulad always print less than the full page alwaye leavin the 25 % right hand size of the screen image unprinted . I tried to change  to chang the screen image orientaation  but to no avail .it would alwaqys print in the same manner ,

Myprinter is wirelessly connected to the printer and this connection is perfect and everything apart from  as described above always prints  perfectly .

Your help in solving  this problem would be much appreciated

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (104 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, are you able to print from other devices without any issues? Have you tried any other applications to print? Request you to provide a screenshot of the issue, if possible. Recommend you uninstall the print plugin, restart your computer and install it back on your Chromebook and check. 

Request you to give me 3 business to check with the concerned team within HP to reproduce the issue and give a update. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (96 Views)

Thanks for your very prompt reply .

I dont know how to send you a screen shot with Chromebook .

I tried to print out your reply but even though i chose print option it would not print out 

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (93 Views)

Thanks for your reply, you can take a screenshot on your phone and attach it to the reply on HP Forums. 

Take your time. As I mentioned earlier, I would require some time to check with team and will update you. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (65 Views)

Please tell me what Email address i can send a photo of the screen shot  via G mail 

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (51 Views)

Thanks for the reply, you can attach the screenshot to the reply on HP forums. As a workaround, you can use Lumin PDF viewer to print PDF files. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation