Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 All in one series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I used to be enrolled in the Instant Ink service but have had a lot of laptop issues over the last 3 weeks. It meant i missed my monthly payment , when i have enroll again it wont let me enroll and there is nothing showing under my account to update my payment details to catch up on the missed payments. Anyone got any ideas please ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When my printer started printing ONE page across 6 or 7 sheets of paper, I tried to contact the HP instant ink program. Not only because HP keeps track of how many pages have come out of my printer and bills you accordingly, but also because of the waste in paper. Long story short, I was unable to find a resolution on any of their websites and not even able to chat with their automated chat agent ! The automated chat agent said "I'm sorry, I'm currently having an issue." I replied with "I am having an issue too !"
Once my level of frustration had reached its max, I decided to cancel the whole darn membership with HP. Before clicking on the final button, I was warned by HP that come the end of my billing cycle (Feb. 23rd), that the 4 different ink cartridges that I currently have in my printer and that I have paid for, would fail to function ! Wow. This should not be legal. Feel like I'm being held hostage. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

When my printer started printing ONE page across 6 or 7 sheets of paper, I tried to contact the HP instant ink program. Not only because HP keeps track of how many pages have come out of my printer and bills you accordingly, but also because of the waste in paper. Long story short, I was unable to find a resolution on any of their websites and not even able to chat with their automated chat agent ! The automated chat agent said "I'm sorry, I'm currently having an issue." I replied with "I am having an issue too !"
Once my level of frustration had reached its max, I decided to cancel the whole darn membership with HP. Before clicking on the final button, I was warned by HP that come the end of my billing cycle (Feb. 23rd), that the 4 different ink cartridges that I currently have in my printer and that I have paid for, would fail to function ! Wow. This should not be legal. Feel like I'm being held hostage. 

HP Recommended

I have a similar question!  Out of nowhere My printer says its about to beBlocked??/ It also looks like n error says couldnt find warranty registration? Ive had it registered for years! Also, have an error about the cartridge but its the one they actually sent me! What is up HP???

HP Recommended

Hi! @TracingGravity, @GS_88-68,

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via PM. 

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I cancelled my instant ink acct, but now i cannot use the cartridges that I have already paid for.  I am trying to re-enroll following the instructions but the site is not letting me do it.  The chat page is useless.  Has anyone been able to crack this code???

HP Recommended

My account number is 6195523457  everything else remains the same.  Please just get me re-enrolled, I have just about had it with anything HP.  I do not appreciate being held hostage by any company.  

HP Recommended

NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT AGAINST HP

You may be interested in this remedy.  Please note this is available to anyone in any country who is in possession of the class of printers mentioned in the lawsuit between the time period of March 1, 2015 to December 31, 2017.  I live in Canada and my complaint happened in September of 2017.  If you do not have receipts for your expenses (due to HP's restrictive policies), you may file a claim simply for your time.  Good luck.

https://www.hpprinterfirmwarelawsuit.com

HP Recommended

NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT AGAINST HP

You may be interested in this remedy.  Please note this is available to anyone in any country who is in possession of the class of printers mentioned in the lawsuit between the time period of March 1, 2015 to December 31, 2017.  I live in Canada and my complaint happened in September of 2017.  If you do not have receipts for your expenses (due to HP's restrictive policies), you may file a claim simply for your time.  Good luck.

https://www.hpprinterfirmwarelawsuit.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.