Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4507

Hi, we have an HP Instand Ink account but we are unable to print at the mpoment as we are getting an error on the printer screen "Ink Cartridge Problem - The following ink cartridge mus be replaced" - I think it is the black one, hard to see the colour but I have just replaced the tri-colour one, based on the fact that we had only received a replacement tri-colour one from Instant Ink.

If we try and print, it says the printer is off-line. If I press the Wi-fi button or ok, it does not appear to make any difference. My instant ink account does not suggest we are out of ink.

Any help greatly appreciated - the chat or phone help is not available on a Sunday - thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @EmmaJB16,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It's now Monday and I'm wondering if you were able to get any help with your cartridge issue.  If not, don't worry I can definitely assist you. 

If you find that my suggestions resolve the issue please return and mark my post that helped you resolve the issue and mark it as "Accepted Solution".  If you want to thank me for my assistance, please click on the Thumbs Up button to kudos the post.

Please follow the steps in the HP ENVY 4500, Deskjet 3540 Printers - Cartridge Missing or Incompatible Ink Cartridges Error Display... document. If you get to "Step 7: Identify the cartridge to replace", please let me know which cartridge is the one that is affected (or both, it is possible).

While you are performing any of the above troubleshooting steps, please keep track of the number of pages printed.  I will need that information later.  

Please return and let me know the outcome.  🙂

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @EmmaJB16,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It's now Monday and I'm wondering if you were able to get any help with your cartridge issue.  If not, don't worry I can definitely assist you. 

If you find that my suggestions resolve the issue please return and mark my post that helped you resolve the issue and mark it as "Accepted Solution".  If you want to thank me for my assistance, please click on the Thumbs Up button to kudos the post.

Please follow the steps in the HP ENVY 4500, Deskjet 3540 Printers - Cartridge Missing or Incompatible Ink Cartridges Error Display... document. If you get to "Step 7: Identify the cartridge to replace", please let me know which cartridge is the one that is affected (or both, it is possible).

While you are performing any of the above troubleshooting steps, please keep track of the number of pages printed.  I will need that information later.  

Please return and let me know the outcome.  🙂

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Officejet users beware, software update contains kill switch that will disable your printer!!

You will then see on control panel  " Ink cartridge problem"

This action is designed to stop users using relica's or refills.

They then have the oudacity to deny any knowledge of this, despite posting on internet and youtube confirming this.

My advise HP product? walk away! dont buy

There are still several companies that havent used this dirty underhand illegal tactic.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.